The best fans that can provide cold air are the following:
- Dyson Cool AM07 Air Multiplier Tower Fan
- Vornado 630 Whole Room Air Circulator Fan
- Holmes dual 8" Blade Twin Window Fan
- Dyson Air Multiplier AM06 Table Fan
- PureFlow QT7 Bladeless Quiet RC Oscillating Table Fan
- Lasko T42951 Portable Electric Oscillating Tower Fan
- Honeywell HT-908
- Ozeri Ultra Noise Reduction Technology Tower Fan
Using fans that blow cold air can reduce your air conditioner usage. In other words, this home appliance can help you save electricity and money while you experience a comfortable home. Please read on if you want to know more about these cold air-blowing fans.
8 Best Fans That Blow Cold Air
Below are the fans that can provide air cooling just as an air conditioner does.
1. Dyson Cool AM07 Multiplier Tower Fan
The ultra-powerful bladeless feature of the Dyson Cool AM7 can make the air inside your room cool anytime. Its height is nearly 40". Plus, this fan holds ten different speeds. Its ability to move air measures over 1060 CFM.
- Low maintenance
- Its materials are long-lasting
- Remote control access
- Assembling of the unit is straightforward
- Costs too much
- It is not able to heat like the AM09 model
Check this Dyson AM07 on Amazon.
2. Vornado 630 Whole Room Air Circulator Fan
Vornado 630 stands 13.6" tall, so it is suitable to place on either the floor or tabletop. This fan can deliver the same airflow as a large fan. Its deep blades can move air over 330 CFM to over 70 feet.
- Can circulate a lot of air
- You can place it on the floor, tabletop, or on bars
- 5-year warranty
- Can move the air continuously
- Too demanding to clean
- High maintenance
- It can't produce airflow even if the intake is just slightly blocked
Check this Vornado 630 on Amazon.
3. Holmes Dual 8" Blade Twin Window Fan
We consider this the most promising dual-blade window fan available. The unit offers a 3-year warranty and is cost-effective. It features reversible motors that you can set in either exhaust or intake.
The 'exhaust' mode will push the air in the room outside the window. And 'intake' will bring the air in from outdoors. Holmes Dual will work excellently if the temperature outside the house is cooler than the indoors. Furthermore, this fan is suitable for sliding windows up to 36".
- Straightforward to install
- You can change the airflow in different directions
- Digital thermostat controls
- Very affordable
- Some vertical windows may not be suitable for this fan
- Not remote controlled
Check this Holmes Blade Twin on Amazon.
4. Dyson Air Multiplier AM06 Table Fan
Dyson AM06 works just like AM07. However, the AM06 has reduced output and is smaller than the AM07 unit. It is available in three colors, and you can clean it even when it operates. It includes a magnetic remote control that you can place on the fan shroud. Also, it has a low noise operation. Dyson AM06 has a standard 2-year warranty.
- Easy build and operation
- Remote control access
- Tilt and oscillation
- You can place it on tabletops or desks
- Not cost-effective for a table fan
- Some less costly models are more powerful than this one
5. PureFlow QT7 Bladeless Quiet RC Oscillating Table Fan
It is a small oscillating fan that provides the best operation because it is quiet and has a bladeless structure. The QT abbreviation of this fan stands for 'Quiet Technology.' It produces 13 dbA or 50 dB. Additionally, this fan operates at 12 different speeds, the highest of which is 198 CFM.
QT7 can lower the temperature by one to two degrees. Also, it has a 2-year warranty that covers all defects and parts.
- You can place it on any nightstands or tables
- Whisper-quiet feature
- Can tilt and oscillate; provides maximum airflow
- 9 hours timer setting
- Not that strong compared to other fans
- When using the remote, you have to get close to the fan
6. Lasko T42951 Portable Electric Oscillating Tower Fan
T42951 is the best oscillating tower fan. This fan can save you a lot of space. It is not noisy when operating and can blow air at 200 CFM when in high mode. However, the design of this fan is almost unattainable to clean and has only a 1-year warranty.
This fan has more than 20 screws. And you must avoid it getting wet if you don't want to damage it. Lasko T42951 is programmable to switch itself off in 30 minutes increments up to seven and a half hours if you don't want to get up and change the settings.
Plus, it has two styles, and they are:
- The Nighttime is an oscillating fan with a remote and programming.
- On the other hand, the Ionizer is the fan that traps particles and dust in ionized pates.
Choosing the Ionizer will give you a headache since the device will get dirty, and we have already mentioned above that cleaning this fan is too tricky.
- Easy to use
- You can place it in a corner or even along a wall without worrying about losing air intake
- Limited warranty
- The LED light of the fan can be irritating at night
Check this Lasko T42951 on Amazon.
7. Honeywell HT-908
Honeywell fans are famous and known to be one of the best. The Honeywell HT-908 can boost its productivity and reduce energy consumption simultaneously.
This fan has three speeds to offer. And when you set it to high, it produces an airflow of 230 CFM. However, a high setting means you activate its turbo mode and can make noise over 60 dB. It is a fan that you can place on the floor or mount on the wall. And you can even put it about 30 feet away from you and still feel the cool air it blows.
- Can tilt up to 90 degrees
- Suitable for a small or medium room
- You can mount it even on walls
- Not oscillating
- Turbo mode is noisy
Check this Honeywell HT-908 on Amazon.
8. Ozeri Ultra Noise Reduction Technology Tower Fan
This tower fan is deemed the best quiet cooling fan on the market. The target market of this fan is high-class hotels. The only noise you can hear in its operation is the whooshing air.
However, the low-noise quality of this fan will deteriorate as the unit does. Ozeri Ultra Noise produces an airflow of 5,000 CFM, which causes the unit's early deterioration.
Activating the fan on low mode can produce a noise of 42 dB. On the other hand, it can create 54 dB on high mode.
- Low to no noise when on low mode
- Appealing design
- High CFM if you want a tremendous airflow
- The brightness of the lights doesn't lower when in night mode
- It can wobble when oscillating
How Can These Fans Provide Cool Air?
The typical fans we use regularly work by taking the air in the area behind them, pushing them forward, and circulating it. But the fans we are talking about here work a little differently.
These fans can improve room comfort by dropping the air temperature using different technologies that enhance the pressure in the air. Additionally, these fans can also regulate the temperature.
Selecting A Quality Cool Air Fan
When you purchase a cooling fan, you shouldn't just pick anything. Instead, you should always check the quality of the product. Knowing the qualities of a product you need will help you choose the appropriate model that you won't regret buying.
1. Cooling ability
You have to find out if the fan you want to buy can cool the size of your room and how they do it. Also, some fans offer heat mode; go for it if you want that feature, too!
2. Fan specs
As a buyer, it is essential to know the product's specs that we are eyeing. Knowing the specs is to know if that specific unit will meet our standards and needs.
The higher the CFM, the more air it can move. So, choose a fan with an airflow that will suit the size of your room to achieve comfort.
The size of the fan can affect the space of the room. So choose a fan you think is enough and appropriate for your room or table.
You should check the speeds that a fan can offer. It will benefit you on how much cool air you will need.
Tilt and oscillation
Tilt is for a vertical axis, while oscillation is for a horizontal axis of the fan. For example, if you put the device in a corner, you'll need it to tilt. Oscillate if you want to cool a larger area.
The higher quality of the materials used, the better the unit. Although it will cost more, the lifespan will be much longer and require less maintenance.
4. Power consumption
Find a cooling fan that is efficient enough to save you money from monthly electricity bills.
5. Noise level
Choose a fan with a lower dB if you don't want a noisy one. Ideally, less than 58 dB is acceptable.
6. Price and warranty
Some fans can also be expensive. So, choose one that will fit your budget and one that has a more extended warranty.
Read: "How To Connect A Dyson Fan To Wifi."
The qualities of a cooling fan that you should look for when purchasing one will help you not to regret your decision and find what will fit your needs and budget. The fans we listed above are the best fans that blow cool air. Choose wisely!