Are you thinking about resetting your Cleverspa heater? How and why should you reset it? We've done the research and are here to answer your questions.
If your Cleverspa heater shows an error on its control panel, you can resolve it by resetting it. To reset your Cleverspa heater, follow the steps below:
- Turn off the unit
- Unplug it from the socket and wait a few seconds
- Plug the unit back, then press the ON/RESET button.
If the error still appears on the control panel, there might be other issues.
In this article, we'll tackle how to troubleshoot your Cleverspa heater. We'll also help you understand the importance of resetting it and address other concerns. There's a lot to learn, so please keep reading!
How Do I Reset My Cleverspa Heater?
A Cleverspa heater has a small digital screen that displays the unit's current temperature and settings. It can also show a code associated with different errors. Typically, you will find the errors and how to resolve them listed in the product manual.
One way to resolve an error is by resetting the unit. However, if the issue persists, you might need to reset the heater more than once.
Below, please find detailed steps for resetting the Cleverspa heater.
1. Turn Off The Unit
You can quickly resolve a system error by turning the heater off, then powering it again. Turn off your Cleverspa heater from the RCD switch on its side - press the OFF/TEST button.
2. Unplug From The Socket
After turning off the unit, unplug it to cut the electrical energy flow (this is essential for resetting). Hold the socket and slowly shake it a bit to unplug it.
3. Press The 'ON/RESET' Button
After a few seconds, plug the unit back. Next, turn the unit on by pressing the ON/OFF button on the RCD plug. Finally, check whether the error still appears on the LCD screen or the control panel. If the error is not there, the reset is successful.
Why Is My Cleverspa Heater Not Working?
Sometimes, resetting a heater can restore proper functionality. However, if the issue persists, the heater may have other problems. Here are some possible issues and what you can do to resolve them.
Observe the performance of the Cleverspa heater. Is it not heating the water? Or is the water overheating? Such temperature issues may be due to dirty or clogged filters.
Although the Cleverspa heater can display "FC" on the screen, which means "filter change," you don't need to wait for the code to appear. You can clean or replace the filter to enable better temperature regulation. Follow these steps to accomplish the task.
- Unscrew the filter, then twist its cap to remove it. If you opt to replace the filter, skip to step 6.
- Make a solution of a filter cleaner and water in a basin, then put the filter in it. Cleaning the filter with a pressure hose is not recommendable.
- Soak the filter with a sponge until the dirt comes off.
- You can also put the filter in a pillowcase, then let it spin in a washing machine with water and soap.
- Dry the filter with a soft cloth.
- Reinstall the filter into the heater and tighten it in place.
- Turn on the Cleverspa heater to see if the error code still appears. If so, you might need to consult a technician or the manufacturer to fix the issue.
Here is a visual guide to aid in replacing the filter:
See this filter cleaner on Amazon.
The pump on your Cleverspa makes the air jets work and inflates its wall. Bubbles in the water indicate that the air jets are working fine.
To check the pump, follow these steps:
- Turn on the Cleverspa heater.
- Remove the cap on the air outlet.
- Press the INFLATE button. The light should turn on to indicate that the command is successful.
- Check if there's air coming out from the air outlet.
- If there's no air, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, the pump is fully functional.
- Press the INFLATE button again to turn it off.
- Find the dotted circle near the air outlet, then tap it a few times to release the air. If there's still no air passing through, try the next step.
- Find the drainage valve at the bottom of the motor.
- Carefully press the pipe to push the obstacles blocking the drain.
- Now, put back the cap and tighten it.
- Press the INFLATE button consecutively for the times.
- Allow the air jets to run for 5-20 minutes. If the pump still doesn't work, consider contacting a Cleverspa service center.
Does Cleverspa Offer A Warranty?
Register your Cleverspa product within 28 days from the date of purchase to enjoy 18 months of warranty for pumps and heaters. But pumps and heaters registered after 28 days from the date of purchase will have a warranty of 12 months.
This warranty is valid for purchases from the official Cleverspa stores and websites. Also, the warranty is non-transferable and doesn't extend to commercial business use. You'll want to use the product properly, as damages like punctures will void the warranty.
The warranty for other products will vary depending on the type.
How To Use A Cleverspa Heater
It's important to know how to use a Cleverspa heater the right way. Here is a guide:
- Clean the area where you want to set up the Cleverspa heater. Ensure that there are no sharp objects that may damage the unit.
- Remove the caps in the air outlet and inlet valves.
- Attach one end of the inflation hose to the outlet valve and the other to the inlet valve.
- Plug in the unit, then switch it on.
- Press the RESET button.
- Now on the unit, press the INFLATE button. Allow the air to fill the unit for about five minutes. Avoid overinflating.
- Press again the INFLATE button to stop airflow.
- Remove the inflation hose, then put back the caps.
- Start filling the water.
- Press the TEMPERATURE button to select your desired temperature. Press it again to confirm the selection.
- Press the HEATER button to start heating the water.
- Turn off the heater once the temperature feels comfortable for you.
You can watch a video here to see the steps:
Cleverspa Heater Safety Precautions
Cleverspa, and other similar products, should be used safely. These are some things to consider while you enjoy the product.
Do Not Overheat The Water
Consider setting the heater's temperature between 34-38 degrees Celsius or 93-100 degrees Fahrenheit to minimize the risk of burning yourself.
Use A Cover
If you want to leave your heater and come back to relax later, consider covering it. The cover can protect the unit from rain and dust.
See this thermal cover on Amazon.
Avoid Electric Shock
Using an extension cord when operating the Cleverspa heater is not recommended. Also, always dry yourself first with a towel before plugging and unplugging the unit to avoid electrical shock.
Suppose you're using the unit outside; ensure the wires are away from the water. You can also keep your pets away, especially those with sharp nails that may scratch the heater.
After using the unit, ensure you disassemble and store it properly. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Press the TEST/OFF button on the socket to switch it off, and then unplug it from the main power.
- Drain the water. You can reuse the water while cleaning to conserve water.
- Remove the cap of the deflation valve.
- Release the air by pushing its wall.
- Fold the Cleverspa and push it to release the remaining air. Make sure not to cover the control panel between the folds.
- Store the wires under the pump.
- Put the Cleverspa into its bag. You can also tie it to secure it from sudden reopening.
- Keep the unit in a safe and dry place.
For your visuals, you can watch this video:
How Much Water Can Cleverspa Hold?
The quantity of water a Cleverspa heater can hold depends on its size. For instance, a six-person heater can hold up to a thousand liters, while some smaller units can hold around 800 liters.
Do not overfill the heater since too much water might take a long time to heat up. You can check the product's manual for specific water capacity.
Is Cleverspa Energy-Efficient?
Since Cleverspa uses electricity, its usage will affect your electricity bill. The actual cost of using the product will depend on the duration of use.
Should you want to save energy, consider turning it off when the water reaches the desired temperature. Also, avoid running the heater for more than 24-36 hours before use so the electric bill will not be too high.
In this article, we learned how to reset the Cleverspa heater and addressed the factors affecting its performance. We then discussed some issues and how to resolve them.
Do you want to learn more with us? Read more here:
How Many BTU To Heat A 40X60 Shop?
Waterdrop G2 Vs G3 Vs D6 Reverse Osmosis Systems: Which Is Right For You?