The timer setting is a helpful feature of a Panasonic AC. The only problem is if you don't know how to cancel it. But don't worry! We have scoured the net so we can put together a simplified guide for canceling your timer setting.
The steps to cancel your timer setting depends on your unit's controller. Wireless remote controllers like CZ-RWSU1U are pretty straightforward. Just follow the steps below to cancel the timer setting:
- Press on the top center of the cover and slide down.
- Finish by pressing CANCEL.
For wired controllers like the CZ-RTC5, where the panel is a 9-button control display, the steps are a bit different as follows:
- Press the button with the list icon found in the upper right corner.
- Navigate and select the ON/OFF Timer option.
- Press ↵ and unset.
We understand the convenience AC timers afford you. So in the sections that follow, we will give a detailed discussion about Panasonic timer settings and other relevant information. Keep reading.
How To Cancel Timer Using Panasonic Remote Controllers
Panasonic holds a wide array of functional products for savvy consumers. Remote control models have a sensible design that is easy enough to use. For instance, canceling the timer using either WL controller CZ-RWSU1U or the wired CZ-RTC5 is a breeze.
The 2-step move to cancel this remote controller includes the following:
1. Press on the top center of the cover and slide down
The CZ-RWSU1U remote control has a sleek and clean look. The sliding cover prevents unintentional pressing of the control buttons. To access the controls, gently press on the top center and slide the cover downward.
2. Finish by pressing CANCEL
Immediately pressing the CANCEL button will conveniently undo the settings of both the ON and OFF timer. You also have the choice of erasing the setting of either the ON or OFF timer. To do this, just press any arrow key of either timer. Once the time setting is displayed on the LCD monitor, press CANCEL.
Below is the practical navigation guide for this wired controller:
1. Press the button with the list icon found in the upper right corner
The Menu Screen can be accessed by pressing the list-icon button. This grants you access to the different function settings.
2. Navigate and select the ON/OFF Timer option
From the list, go to item No. 4 which is the ON/OFF Timer. Navigate the list using the up/down arrows. Select item 4 by Pressing the ↵ button in the center.
3. Press ↵ and unset
Now you will see the ON and OFF Timer function individually displayed. Select one at a time and from the choice of actions, choose "Unset." Repeat for the other timer function.
Your previous setting has now been canceled. Do not forget to set a new timer setting.
What To Do Before Setting The Timer
Before canceling your timer and setting it anew, you have to set the AC's current time. Depending on your preference, you have a choice between a 12 or 24-hour format. So, how do you set the clock in your Panasonic AC? Follow these guidelines:
Wireless remote controllers (CZ-RWSU1U)
- Press the button with the clock icon for 2 seconds. The clock display will start blinking once the time is ready to set.
- Set the hour using the up/down arrow of the ON timer. A prolonged press of the up/down button will browse the numbers swiftly.
- To set the minutes, press on the up/down arrow of the OFF timer.
- Once the correct time is set, press the button with the clock icon.
Leaving the controller inactive for 3 minutes after setting will also automatically set the time as displayed. If you want to change the displayed time all at once, you can press the reset button, and input the current time again.
Wired controllers (CZ-RTC5)
- From the screen menu, browse and select Initial Settings.
- Choose Clock from the set of functions.
- To set the clock, you will also need to set the date. To scan the year, press the up/down button. If the desired year is set, move to month using the left/right button.
- After setting the correct date and time, press the button with the list icon twice to finish.
To set the time format for this model, press the return button to access the previous list of functions. From here, choose Clock Type, and select the preferred format. Confirm your choice by pressing the list icon button two times.
How to Set New Timer Setting in Panasonic AC
Setting the AC timer follows almost the same procedure when canceling the timer setting. To set the time for your AC, follow these guides:
Wireless remote controllers (CZ-RWSU1U)
- Press the up/down button of the ON or OFF timer to choose the time.
- Upon reaching the desired time, pause and allow the time to display briefly on the monitor.
- To confirm the time, press again the up or down button of either the ON or OFF timer.
To make sure that the remote controllers work smoothly with the AC unit, leave it in a place with no obstruction. Also, make sure the batteries are functional. This icon "--:--" indicates the need to change batteries.
Wired controllers (CZ-RTC5)
- Select the ON/ OFF Timer option on the menu screen.
- Press ↵ and choose "Set."
- Input first the hour and the minutes of the ON timer. A confirmation message should be displayed to confirm the timer setting.
- Next, select the OFF timer. Manipulate the hour and minutes to the desired time you want your AC to turn off.
- Press ↵ to confirm.
If the input is successful, the timer clock icon will appear on the upper right corner of your screen. If you want your setting to repeat regularly, you can set and copy for other days using the Weekly Timer function of this particular model.
Why Is The Timer Light Blinking?
When the timer icon of the Panasonic wireless controller starts to blink, the problem usually lies in the internal setting of the indoor or outdoor unit. For WL model CZ-RWSU1U, the problem can be diagnosed by the characteristic of the blinking icons. As for CZ-RTC5, the error code appears on the display screen.
Blinking timer icon only
A blinking timer icon mostly indicates compressor-related problems. The error codes H01 to H05, and H31 might also show on the monitor of your remote control. In such instances, it's best to call in professionals for check-ups and service.
Blinking timer light with other icons
Along with the specific timer-icon error codes, we have also listed other errors with their blinking manifestation:
|Alarm Display||Error Cause||WL Remote Control Display|
|E01-E03, E08-E14, E17, E18||Communication error in remote circuit||x|
|E04-E07, E15, E16, E19-E31||Communication error either in the in/outdoor operation line||x|
|P01, P09-P14||Operation of indoor protection device||x||x||Alternately|
|P02-P08, P15-P31||Operation of outdoor protection device||x||x||Alternately|
|F01-F03, F10-F11||Error in the indoor thermistor||x||x||Alternately|
|F29||Error in the indoor EEPROM||x||x||Simultaneously|
|L01-L03, L05-L09||Error in indoor settings||x||x||Simultaneously|
|P01, P09-P14||Oil alarm||x||x||Alternately|
|Test run||Test run||x||x||x||Simultaneously|
The first thing to do
Upon alarm, try first to turn off the unit for about 1 minute, then restart it. If the alarm disappears, then you can continue running the unit. But if it persists, contact your dealer.
To access the error code history of your unit from its wired controllers, follow these steps:
- Simultaneously press 3 buttons, the back arrow, enter button, and right arrow, to access the maintenance menu.
- Select No. 6 which is the Service Check. The error code will be displayed there.
Watch this video for a visual guide on how to retrieve error codes in a CZ-RTC5 controller:
Why Is It Important To Set WL Controller's Address?
Cross communication between one indoor unit with another unit's remote can happen. This is especially true when more than one indoor unit is installed in the same space. It is for this purpose that a remote address switch was created.
The address switch allows for a dedicated signal to prevent communication errors.
Guide to setting up your WL controller's address
- Press the ADR and loop buttons together. "SET" will then be displayed on the screen.
- Holding the ADR button down while intermittently pressing the loop button allows you to browse the different address settings (ALL, 1, 2, 3,...6).
- Once the desired receiver address switch is displayed, release the ADR button. The controller buzzer will sound if the setting corresponds with the receiver's address.
Before setting the address switch of your controller, the contractor must first install the receiver in your indoor unit. It will be the contractor's responsibility to make sure that the WL controller is mounted in a place that gives an uninterrupted signal to the indoor unit.
It is also crucial that the contractor leaves the operation manual with you and explains how to operate and care for the unit.
Manipulating your AC indoor unit, like setting and canceling its timer and even diagnosing errors, is easy with the help of a reliable remote controller and its manual.
However, while keeping yourself informed is to your advantage, it is not wise to attempt DIY repairs. For technical and mechanical issues, it is always best to call your contractor.
Learn more about these related topics: