Since the Dyson Pure Cool is one of the newest breeds of smart air purifiers, something as simple as changing its temperature might feel intimidating. But don't worry—we're here to help you. We created a simple guide for you to follow based on research.
To change the air temperature on the Dyson Pure Cool, there are two main things to do:
- Setting the airflow speed
- Controlling airflow distribution
In the discussion that follows, we will elaborate on how to operate the Dyson Pure Cool, including how to change its temperature. If you are interested in learning more, keep reading!
How To Adjust Temperature On Dyson Pure Cool
With the use of its remote control, you can adjust the temperature on the Dyson Pure Cool in two ways:
Setting the airflow speed
You can control the airflow through the fan's speed and airflow direction.
- In the remote control set-up, locate the airflow speed (left side, second from the top), and air direction (right side, second to the bottom) buttons.
- Point the remote control to the sensor on the front side.
- Press the (+) or (-) to increase or decrease the airspeed to your comfort. You can set the fan speed between 1-10.
- By pressing the air direction button, you can change the flow from front to back or vice versa. Heating only works if the airflow direction is to the front, otherwise, the item is on fan mode.
Controlling airflow distribution
To help regulate the temperature, airflow distribution is a factor. On a Dyson Pure Cool, you can choose to oscillate. Just follow these steps:
- Press the oscillate button that is right below the airflow speed button.
- Set oscillation. You can choose between five settings: steady, 45°, 90°, 180°, and 350°.
Manipulating the temperature of this appliance is pretty easy. The remote control interface is very user-friendly.
How To Change Temperature Without Remote
What if you lost your remote control? Is it still possible to use the Dyson air purifier? Remember that the Dyson Pure Cool is a smart appliance and offers other ways of operating, which are:
Manual manipulation of the Dyson Pure Cool is possible through its standby button. It is located on the front bottom side of the appliance.
- Pressing the standby button will turn the appliance on and off.
- To adjust the temperature, long press the standby button. The temperature will go up until it reaches the maximum and then go down again. Setting the temperature to zero degrees will automatically set its mode to cool.
However, the standby button does not allow you to personalize the airflow, oscillation, and timer settings. For this, you can make use of the Dyson smart application.
Linking to smart app
The Dyson smart app allows for an enhanced user experience. First things first: make sure your appliance and Wi-Fi connection are both turned on. To get started:
- Download the Dyson app from the AppStore or Google Play to your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap "add machine". This will allow your smart device to detect your appliance.
- The instructions for pairing will be shown on your device. Follow as instructed. Also, take note of the information on your manual's front page, such as the product SSID, Wi-Fi password, and Mac address. This will be required in order to connect to the appliance.
- Once paired, you can now personalize your machine setting.
Watch this video for a play-by-play review of how to link your Dyson appliance with your smart gadget.
You may also want to check out this related article: How To Connect A Dyson Fan To Wifi
How To Shift To Night Mode
For a more restful sleep, you can shift the Dyson Pure Cool into night mode. To access the night mode, do the following:
- On the remote control, press the button with the crescent moon icon. The LCD screen of your Dyson will illuminate the crescent moon icon and dim after a few seconds.
- On auto mode, the fan speed will remain at level four and below. You can also manually set the fan speed to your liking.
In night mode, the appliance will continue to cool and purify the air while running quietly. You can now have healthy sleep, both in rest and air quality.
Why Dyson Pure Cool Not Blowing Cool Air
If you notice your Dyson air purifier not cooling effectively, it could be for the following reasons:
- There may be an obstruction.
- Your filters need replacement.
Do not worry, though—there are ways around these problems. Here are some troubleshooting tips for you.
You need to check the loop amplifier and main body of the appliance.
- To remove obstructions from the loop amplifier, clean using a damp or dry cloth.
- To clean the shroud of the body, use a dry cloth. Clear any obstruction from the holes with the use of a soft-bristled brush
If the problem does not resolve after cleaning the outside of the fan, then you may have to replace its filters.
The Dyson Pure Cool makes use of a 360° glass HEPA air purifier filter. Follow this guide on how to replace the filter:
Replacing the glass HEPA filters
The indication that your glass filters need replacing will manifest as an F with 3 horizontal lines on your appliance's screen. To replace your glass HEPA filters:
- Unplug your appliance from the power source.
- On either side of the shroud, you will see buttons. Push to release the loop from the shroud.
- Remove the glass filter from the shroud and replace it with a new one.
- Dispose of the exhausted filter according to local regulations.
- Replace the shroud and click the loop amplifier back in place.
- Switch the appliance back on.
- Press and hold the power button on the remote for six seconds. This will reset the HEPA filter level and ready the appliance for use.
If your Dyson appliance continues to perform poorly, contact your service provider. Dyson filters have a warranty against manufacturer's defects for 24 months. However, this does not include replacements that have run their filter life.
You can also read How To Clean A Dyson Fan
Why Dyson Pure Cool Is Making Noise
Is your Dyson air purifier making an unusual sound? Know what noises you can expect your Dyson Pure Cool to make and which sounds you should be worried about.
Expect your purifier to make clicking sounds when switching airflow direction. This is normal and not a cause for worry.
Low humming noise when off
Even if the purifier is off, its monitors the air quality, temperature, and humidity level continuously. The low humming sounds come from the small fans that maintain airflow for monitoring purposes.
If you hear a whining or whistling sound coming from your purifier, turn it off for 10 seconds. Make sure the power cord is securely plugged in at the center of the base. Switch it on again and retest. If the whistling persists, check the filter.
For grinding or grating sounds, contact your dealer.
How To Maintain Dyson Pure Cool
There are measures you can take to maximize the use of your Dyson Pure Cool. Here are some simple reminders to help you make the most of your air purifier.
- Replace the filter every 12 months or as your appliance would suggest. Higher filtering activity will require more frequent filter changes.
- Make sure to keep your Dyson smart app updated to the latest version.
- Position your appliance in a place with strong Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Keeping windows in a room closed helps the air purifier to expend less energy.
- Clean your purifier body and loop amplifier regularly.
- Keep your sensor clean. You have three options: clean with a dusting brush, vacuum, or compressed air.
Using good-quality air purifiers can positively impact our health. It is good to take advantage of clean air technology like the one Dyson Pure Cool offers.
To have the best experience, you also have to learn how to use and take care of the appliance properly. We hope the guide we have put together will help you get the most out of your air purifier.