Are you having trouble with your Modern Forms fan remote? If you're looking for ways to solve the problem, then you are on the right page. We searched for answers, and here is what we found.
There are several ways to reset your Modern Forms fan remote. The easiest method is holding the off button on the remote. Then hold down the power off button for about 30 seconds to pair the remote with the fan.
Try turning on the fan and check if it works with your remote. If it doesn't, check out these additional options for resetting the remote.
- Disconnect the fan receiver.
- Reset the fan Wi-Fi setting.
- Activate the fan factory setting.
Learning how to reset the remote of your Modern Forms fan is not difficult. But you should be cautious and pay attention to every detail. Continue reading to learn more about how to fix this problem.
Modern Forms Fan Remote Troubleshooting Guide
Modern Forms fans may stop working or fail to work at times. You might conclude that your remote is the problem. Check out the troubleshooting tips below to fix the problem.
Disconnect Fan Receiver
This procedure is very easy. Just follow these steps:
- To disconnect the fan receiver, press the power on button for five seconds.
- Press and button for four seconds to reconnect power to the fan.
- Once the fan receiver beeps, you have successfully disconnected the receiver, and a green light will flash from your remote.
Initialize Wi-Fi Setting
A network reset will prevent any devices from connecting to your network. This response is made when your remote or fan cannot pair with each other.
By initializing Wi-Fi, you are reinstating the original setting of your network.
- Refresh the connectivity using the Modern Forms app.
- Go to the Wi-Fi network setting. Modify the Wi-Fi network name and initialize a new security passcode. This will deter your fan from pairing to the cloud.
- Reconfigure the fan using the new settings.
- Press the remote power off button for 10 seconds.
- A flash of green light from your remote indicates that the reset is successful.
- The remote will detect the new network name on the fan factory setting.
Activate Fan Factory Setting
Factory setting initialization is necessary when you are having trouble with your fan or whenever your remote is not responding.
Initializing the fan factory setting means re-establishing the original setting of your fan. You can accomplish this using the following steps:
- Get your remote control, and hold the power off button for 10 seconds.
- Disconnect the power of the receiver.
- Press the reset key on the receiver. Wait until your fan beeps and your remote flashes light for successful pairing.
How To Fix A Fan Remote That's Not Working
A defective remote is a common problem. Usually, the cause is a dead battery. To check if this is the source of the problem, follow these steps:
- Get your remote and open the battery pocket.
- Make sure the batteries are complete and in place.
- Fasten the battery pocket.
- Turn on the remote push button to check if it is working.
- If the remote is not responding, remove the batteries.
- Insert a new set of batteries. Make sure they are inserted correctly and that the polarity is set accordingly.
- Inspect the remote and see if the problem is fixed. If the issue remains unsolved, remove the new batteries.
- Wait for a minute before turning on the remote.
If the problem is solved, you can conclude that your remote's battery is the problem, and replacing them with new batteries is the right fix.