Levoit Air purifier is known as the top-selling air purifier brand as it produces efficient and effective cleaning power. But just like any other air purifier, the time will come wherein you will have to clean or troubleshoot it so that it can continue its job of purifying the air. If you are wondering how to unlock your Levoit purifier, we have just got the solution for you!
To unlock your Levoit purifier easily, you can do the following:
- Make sure to turn off and unplug the Levoit air purifier.
- Remove the back cover of the purifier slowly by unscrewing it.
- Make sure that all the connections inside the purifier are untangled.
- Otherwise, you can simply locate the control panel and press and hold it for 3 seconds until it is unlocked.
- If the Levoit Air Purifier has a manual, just follow the direction in which the manual is instructing.
Operating a Levoit air purifier is as easy as you may think. This is true despite the numerous buttons that each design has. But if you are still wondering how to unlock it and are not confident in following the manual, then don't worry as we will be providing you with a quick and easy guide.
How To Unlock A Levoit Air Purifier
You might think that unlocking a Levoit purifier is hard because of its usual circular shape and the various buttons that it has, but in reality, it's as easy as unlocking any other air purifier. To further elaborate on the matter, we have provided you with a list below regarding this matter.
- Unplug the Levoit air purifier: This will help in avoiding an unwanted accident and makes you troubleshoot the air purifier easily.
- Remove the back cover of the purifier slowly: You simply have to use a screwdriver to remove the back cover of the purifier.
- Make sure that all the connections inside the purifier are untangled: In doing so, you simply have to ensure that all the connections inside the purifier will not be damaged and are out of the way, especially those in line with the control panel.
- If you have another model of Levoit purifier, you can simply locate the control panel: You need to press and hold the lock button located in the control panel for 3 seconds until it is unlocked.
- Follow the manual: If your purifier has a manual, try following it.
Check out this best-seller Levoit Air purifier at Amazon.
Different Models Of Levoit Air Purifier
To further know how to navigate through your Levoit Purifier, it is important to know what kind of model you need to buy or troubleshoot. Below are some famous models that you might be interested in.
- Everest Air Smart True HEPA: this is best for purifying extra-large rooms and is known to have advanced three-channel laser dust.
- Core 600s Smart True HEPA: this air purifier has a smart control that filters a 635 ft. squared room which sends real-time air quality via cellular phone.
- Core 400S Smart True HEPA: this has powerful HEPA filtration and has advanced features such as the VortexAir technology.
- Core 300S Smart True HEPA: this is a smaller model and can be connected to the free VeSync app for convenient smart functions.
Common Problems With The Levoit Air Purifier
There will come a time when you experience problems with your Levoit air purifier due to maintenance problems but do not worry because we will be providing you with a list of problems and their fixes.
- Air purifier not turning on: when this happens, the first thing that you should check is the cord, and make sure to call customer support or a professional technician. You can also check the control panel because there might be something malfunctioning.
- The purifier is beeping: this usually happens when the purifier needs to be reset. You simply just have to hold and press the reset button for 3 seconds until it stops beeping anymore.
- The Fan is not working: make sure that the plastic packaging from the filter is removed. The next thing that you should check is the sleep button on the control panel because it might be in sleep mode. If this happens, simply click the sleep button. Otherwise, try increasing the speed or calling the customer support service of the manufacturer.
Is Levoit Purifier EMF Safe
Electric and magnetic fields or the so-called radiation are one of the many concerns when buying any appliance. As for the purifier, some may not even know that it contains a specific level of EMF depending on the brand and the model.
However, you don't have to worry about Levoit air purifiers as the manufacturer ensured that they have complied with the standards regarding this matter. You just have to make sure that you are following what the manufacturer's manual indicates and then you are good to go.
How To Clean Your Levoit Air Purifier
When the time comes wherein you think that your purifier is not filtering air compared to when you first used it, then you probably need to start cleaning it. If one of the reasons why you need to unlock your Levoit air purifier is because you want to clean it, including the filter then here is a complete guide for you.
- Clean the outer layer of the purifier by using a dry cloth. Make sure to thoroughly clean the external grills and panels
- As for the filter, the first thing that you should do is unlock the air purifier.
- Upon unlocking, remove the filter from its plastic packaging. But be very gentle to avoid unwanted damage.
- There will be a filter and a pull tab on the cover face in your air purifier, when you see this, make sure that it is out.
- Clean the filter using an abrasive agent.
- If you don't want to clean your filter and instead opt to replace it, make sure to replace both the filter and the filter cover.
- However, if you do not want to replace or remove your filter just yet, you can simply opt to click the "clean" button.
Do's And Don't In Cleaning Your Air Purifier
Cleaning an air purifier inculcates a gentle but effective strategy. This is to avoid any damage that might be caused by troubleshooting and cleaning it. For a complete guide, we have provided you with a list below.
- Never use a wet or toxic cleaning agent. This will end up damaging your purifier.
- Use a soft cloth if available.
- You can also use a vacuum hose in cleaning the external grills and even the internal parts of the purifier.
- Never wash the unit with water.
Proper Maintenance Of A Levoit Air Purifier
Maintaining your Levoit air purifier is something that you should not take for granted. After all, the main reason why you bought this item in the first place is for you to ensure that the air that you breathe in is clean and purified from bacteria and dust. This is why we have provided a guide to ensure that your purifier performs at its peak.
- Air purifier placement is very important. The best area to put your air purifier would be close to your doors or windows as this will help in avoiding pollutants from fully entering your house.
- Filters should be checked, cleaned, and replaced as often as possible for optimal performance.
- You should also clean the external parts of the purifier as discussed above.
- Do your part. You cannot fully depend on the purifier in ensuring that microbes and bacteria do not enter your home. You should also make sure that the area surrounding your purifier is clean.
How Often Should You Replace Your Levoit Air Purifier Filter?
As part of properly maintaining your Levoit air purifier, you should know that there will be instances where you will have to replace the filter with a new one. Replacing your filter is a key factor in making sure that your air purifier will perform at its best.
You will usually know when the filter is already dirty and needs replacement when the red light in the control panel starts to emerge. This means that it is time for you to replace the purifier. As for the estimated timeframe of replacement, the suggested timeframe would be 6 to 8 months. This applies to every Levoit air purifier model available.
Check out this Amazon's Choice replacement filter at Amazon.
To summarize, unlocking your Levoit air purifier is easy because the purifier itself can easily be navigated. You just have to make sure that you know which model of purifier you have and then unlock it by using a screwdriver or just clicking the unlock button. Proper maintenance is also very important to make sure that your purifier lasts long.
Check out the following posts for more insight: Can You Use An Air Purifier And Humidifier Together? and How To Use Nature Fresh Air Purifier Bags.