You just bought your Molekule air purifier, and it keeps rebooting. Or, you have had it for a while, but it suddenly restarts. How upsetting that is! Here is an easy guide to troubleshooting your issue. Discover the fixes from the collected details.
Your Molekule air purifier keeps rebooting because of a poor Wi-Fi connection. When the Wi-Fi signal drops, the device gets disconnected. Then, it tries to reconnect to the Wi-Fi.
Pair your device again using your mobile app. If it does not, you need to uninstall and install your mobile app with the latest version and have the newest firmware.
The process gets a little techy. But following the easy guide as you read will help you. Stay on the page to learn the steps to securing a Wi-Fi connection. And, get to know more precautions and tips to avoid it from happening again or any other possible issues with your Molekule air purifier.
Why Does My Molekule Air Purifier Keep Rebooting [What To Do?]
Rebooting an air purifier is needed sometimes. It refreshes your overall device operation. Your air purifier needs to restart after replacing an attachment, such as a filter.
Or it is the most basic troubleshooting option for appliances or devices. However, the unusual self-reboot of a device may be alarming.
Some air purifiers have a reset button. Some have the option to hold a button for a few seconds to restart. In the case of the Molekule air purifier, you can do it through the app.
Click here to view this Molekule air mini on Amazon.
Poor Wi-Fi Connection
Your Molecule air purifier restarts unceasingly because the Wi-Fi strength is insufficient. The device then loses the connections, reboots, and re-institutes its contact.
It usually connects to the Wi-Fi again after rebooting. But in some cases, it does not work for some reason. It needs more troubleshooting.
Reconnecting your Molekule air purifier to Wi-Fi may be difficult and needs further fixes. Learn more ways to establish a strong Wi-Fi connection to your air purifier and prevent it from frequently rebooting.
Here you will need more time and patience to undo and redo some things with your air purifier, just like when you did your initial setup.
One way to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection to your air purifier is re-pairing. It is an easy step to solve the connection. Follow the steps below to re-pair your device to a Wi-Fi connection:
- Sign in to your account.
- Be within the ten ft. range of your device to pair it successfully.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
- Go to search to find your Molekule air purifier.
- A list of available devices will pop out. Tap or check the device you are pairing. Click pair.
- A check icon will appear at the bottom of your screen to confirm that you have connected your device successfully.
- Connect to Wi-Fi by clicking the preferred network and entering your password. Another check icon will be at the bottom to confirm your Wi-Fi connection. Your Molekule app will then download software updates.
Reinstall Mobile App
After pairing your device again and the same issue occurs, your device needs more touch-ups. Re-pairing helps, but if it happens again, it may need to improve other systems or settings in your device or app. Here is an easy troubleshooting guide for you to follow:
- Open your Molekule app and go to the more section to disconnect your device from your app.
- Uninstall your mobile app. Then, reinstall, making sure you choose the latest version.
- Restart your Molekule air purifier.
- Sign in to your latest app and try to pair your device again.
- Upon opening your mobile app, it will search for the available Molekule network or Bluetooth connection to which your air purifier connects.
- Be within the ten ft. range and try to connect again if not successful on the first try.
- Once reconnection has been established, there will be a check icon at the bottom to confirm.
- Then, connect to your Wi-Fi network. Try a mobile hotspot or any other Wi-Fi network if unsuccessful at first. Once connected, you will see a check icon as a confirmation.
How To Restart Molekule Air Purifier
Restarting or rebooting your Molekule air purifier is one troubleshooting step. Here is a helpful guide on how to reboot your Molekule air purifier in case you forgot:
- Wake up the air purifier control display by tapping it gently.
- On the display screen, pin on your thumb finger for 12 to 15 sec.
- The command, tap to disable connectivity, will pop up.
- Tap the prompt that says tap to reset the device by swiping the screen to the right until you see it.
- Confirm to reset by tapping the confirm button.
- The device will restart.
- Then, put the room size and fan speed to normalize the device's function.
Download The Latest Firmware Version
Getting the newest firmware version makes your Wi-Fi connection more steady and reliable. It also fixes bugs and clutters in your mobile app. The firmware version gets updated from time to time.
Also, you will receive update notifications, or it will update automatically. Your device has to connect to a strong Wi-Fi connection with the correct pairing. Follow the steps below to upgrade your firmware version manually:
- You can download the latest version on iOS or Android.
- Take off the power source of your air purifier.
- Wait for 10 sec. Before you plug in your air purifier.
- Your air purifier will update accordingly, and you will see a prompt that says update in progress.
- After the update, your air purifier will restart. Wait around a minute for your air purifier to be fully on and for the screen to display. Never unplug it.
- When it's ready, you will see a command on the screen that says open the app.
- Go on with the procedure in your app to finalize the setup. Select the configuration setting. It commands your device calibration and cleanup.
Molekule air purifier requires minimum Wi-Fi to have an established connection. It only secures the connection to a 2.4HGz wireless network. Check if you have disabled this capability on your router or by default. And verify your router details if unsure.
Moreover, your Molekule app and air purifier can be managed or paired with iPhone and Android phones. You can use an iPhone 5 or newer models and iOS 8 or later versions.
Keep in mind safety tips and good handling when dealing with devices. Your air purifier and its connections can be obstructed or impaired. However, knowing that you follow precautions makes you at ease that there is nothing wrong going to happen to your device and pairing.
Read on how to keep your Molekule air purifier going with a stable connection below:
- Keep the top of the device clear from anything.
- Do not block the air out of the device. Put it in an open space.
- Keep the air purifier vents open without any cover while functioning.
- Put the device in a stable and safe place away from debris or water source.
- Immediately unplug the device when it gets contact with water inside or outside of the device.
- Do not stick your fingers to the device opening when the device is running.
- Do not modify or clean the pre-filter or nano-filer. It may disturb the usual operation of your device.
- Do not use water or any liquid agents in cleaning the device. Keep it dry and tidy it only with a dry cloth.
Should I Leave My Molekule On All Day?
It is recommendable to leave your Molekule air purifier on all day if you are not going away. It is necessary to clean the air indoors consistently and circulate fresh air. You don't have to worry about the energy cost since the Molekule air purifier consumes minimum energy.
Can Molekule Filters Be Cleaned?
No. It is not advisable to vacuum or wash your Molekule pre-filter of PECO-filter. Vacuuming can liberate and reinstate pollutants again in the air. Also, washing can cause mold build-up in your filter if not completely dried. Use a dry cloth and ask HVAC assistance for any replacement or general cleaning of your device.
Click here to view this Molekule PECO filter on Amazon.
Your Molekule air purifier restarts recurringly because of the poor Wi-Fi connection. The connection drops, and it tries to connect again. Make sure you are within the ten ft. range and do the troubleshooting steps with the latest app version and firmware version on your phone.
Discover more about air purifiers and troubleshooting in these posts:
Can You Use An Air Purifier And Humidifier Together?