Disclosure: We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
When turning the portable air conditioner on, it is not advisable to turn the thermostat exactly where you'd like the temperature to be. Therefore, we researched the right temperature setting for your portable air conditioner to get the overall comfort of the room set.
The ideal temperature setting for your air conditioner is 78 degrees Fahrenheit or 25 Celsius, as it will keep you both comfortable and refreshed at the same time.
We suggest you read throughout the article to acquire more information about your portable air conditioner. Also, we might be able to answer some of the additional questions you have on your mind.
Why Set My Portable Air Conditioner Temperature?
You can always increase or decrease the temperature until you find how cold or warm you want the temperature to be. Although there is one thing to keep in mind, setting your air conditioner at 78 degrees Fahrenheit is of great help to keep your bills from getting too high.
And here is a tip for your portable air conditioner. Running a ceiling fan while the air conditioner operates can help the cold air circulate the house. It cannot make the house cooler, although the ceiling fan can assist the air conditioner do its job better.
But something good to know for this air conditioner-ceiling fan partnership is to make sure that the ceiling fan is running counter-clockwise. If not, it is not going to help the air conditioner out.
Save Money During Summer
We all know that summertime can make us all sticky and sweaty. And it is a good thing if you have an air conditioning unit prepared in your home. Consequently, it might have to work hard this season. But worry no more since we have prepared some tips on saving money during this air conditioning peak season.
Turn off your air conditioner at night
It is recommended not to turn on the unit at night because the air is naturally cool, and you can take advantage of it. You can open the window and breathe the fresh air while you sleep.
Set the temperature and timer
Follow the 78 degrees Fahrenheit setting temperature and set a timer for its operation hours to maximize energy efficiency. Additionally, you can save more money if you can cut a degree warmer of your air conditioner.
Get the whole house shaded, don't let your air conditioner work so hard
As much as possible, keep your blinds, curtains, and drapes lowered or closed. It will keep the sun's rays and hot air out. You can't turn down the sun, yet you can make some adjustments. After all, it is not only for you but for the sake of your air conditioner, as well.
Keep the air conditioner clean
Ignoring cleanliness and letting your air conditioning unit work while being dirty can consume more energy and electricity. To clarify, when the air conditioner is unsoiled, you can maintain its optimum efficiency.
Shut all the heat-emitting appliances off
If you are not using the television, computer, lamps, oven, or whatever household essential is on, unplug them all from the socket since they generate loads of heat.
With these shared tips, you can enjoy the summer while keeping cool as you wait for the monthly utility bill.
How To Maintain Your Portable Air Conditioner?
If you want your air conditioning unit to function well, always consider executing regular cleaning and maintenance.
- Remove and clean all the filters of the air conditioner. Check the manufacturer's instructions regarding its preservation whether you need to clean or replace the filters.
- Drain the water from its internal tank completely. You can use either a drain hose or a condensate pump. However, some newer models don't need help in the consistent draining process. You can even leave them unattended for a long time.
- You're in need to create a 50:50 solution of water and vinegar to clean and disinfect the detachable hoses or pipes while the water tank is draining. Rinse it with clean water after disinfecting to eliminate the sour smell of the vinegar.
- The exterior should be kept clean. The outside appearance of an air conditioner is also valuable. Cleaning it every week is a must. Switch the air conditioner off, get a soft and clean damp cloth to wipe all its outside surfaces. Use a solution of water and vinegar once again.
- Think about deodorizing your air conditioning units. Cleaning alone can't somehow eliminate the unit's unpleasant odor. You can use a few drops of essential oils in your water and vinegar solution.
Follow the steps mentioned and let your unit offer refreshing clean air. You can do the entire air conditioner cleaning at least twice a year.
If your goal is to save money and use your air conditioning unit efficiently, set it at the right and comfortable temperature at all times.
You can not avoid sudden technical issues. So, if the solutions we mentioned in this article are still not enough, do not hesitate to contact a professional and have your air conditioning unit fixed.
We hope you liked our article. For more air conditioning-related posts, check these out!