Disclosure: We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Humidifiers can get dirty really fast, that's why you need to clean them regularly. We've compiled the best ways for you to clean your Dyson humidifiers so that you can be sure that the air you're breathing is clean and healthy.
You can use white vinegar, citric acid, and bleach to clean your Dyson humidifier. You need to mix these ingredients with the right amount of water so that they're safe to use on your device. Each one is effective in killing the bacteria, mold, and mildew that have formed in the humidifier.
Keep on reading so we can tell you more regarding the right products and the proper way to clean your Dyson humidifier. We'll also talk about the importance of cleaning your humidifier and how to deep clean your device. This article will also answer if a Dyson humidifier is easy to clean. Let's get down to the cleaning business!
Can you run vinegar through Dyson humidifier?
Homeowners are well aware that you can't just use any cleaning product on your home appliances. Using certain products might cause damage and harm to the unit, so you need to be careful with what you apply to your device.
When it comes to cleaning your Dyson humidifier, white vinegar, citric acid, and bleach are safe to use on your unit as long as you mix them with water.
White vinegar is a natural cleaning agent. It effectively kills bacteria, and it will also help you get rid of grime and hard-water deposits or scales that have formed on the humidifier's surface.
Tip: If there are lots of white spots or scaling on your humidifier, you can soak it in your white vinegar solution overnight to remove the hard-water deposits on its surface.
This ingredient can penetrate the cell walls of bacteria, mold, and mildew that have formed in your humidifier. It lowers their pH level and kills the unwanted organisms within minutes.
This is a popular household product because of its ability to clean and disinfect surfaces. When used the right way and in proper proportions, it can kill harmful bacteria and viruses without damaging your humidifier.
You need to follow certain proportions so that each cleaning agent is safe to use. When it comes to preparing the cleaning solution, you can mix one cup of white vinegar or citric acid with a bowl of water. But if you're using bleach, just use one capful for every gallon of water because it is a stronger ingredient.
The good thing about these solutions is that you can just wipe or spray them on the surface, and they'll do the job of killing the harmful organisms. Cleaning your humidifier shouldn't be hard, right?
Can I use baking soda and vinegar to clean humidifier?
Baking soda is another popular household cleaning product. It is effective in removing dirt, grime, odors, and other unwanted residues.
When cleaning your Dyson humidifier, you can add baking soda to your vinegar-water solution. You can also make a baking soda paste and use it to brush the surface of your water tank after you've rinsed off your cleaning solution. This will help you remove stains and residue on the surface.
How to clean a Dyson Humidifier the right way?
In this section, we'll teach you how to clean your Dyson humidifiers. When it comes to cleaning these devices, there's got to be a right way. Just follow these steps.
- Remove the water tank from the humidifier and drain all the water.
- Clean the area where the water tank is located in the humidifier.
- Remove the chimney or filter covers and dust them off.
- Remove any excess water inside the humidifier. To make it easier for you, you can just tip the unit in your sink to drain it out thoroughly.
- Prepare your preferred cleaning solution.
- Soak a sponge or microfiber cloth in your cleaning solution. Wipe the exterior and any part of the interior that you can reach.
- Put some of the cleaning solution that you prepared in a spray bottle and use this to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Meanwhile, you can soak the water tank with the cleaning solution to kill any lingering bacteria.
- Rinse properly. Use a damp cloth to remove the cleaning solution from the exposed areas. You can fill your spray bottle with clean water for rinsing the nooks and crannies.
- Wash off the cleaning solution on the water tank.
- Air dry. You can also wipe everything with a clean cloth to help lessen drying time.
- Reassemble your Dyson humidifier.
Experts recommend that you clean your Dyson humidifiers at least once a week and definitely not beyond two weeks. This is how you can ensure that no bacteria, mold, and mildew are growing inside your device. This way, you can be assured that the air you breathe inside your home is clean, fresh, moist enough, and healthy.
Importance of Cleaning your Humidifier
A humidifier has become an essential home device to improve the moisture level in a room. Users can benefit by reducing dryness in their skin, hair, eyes, nose, and throat. Humidifiers can help alleviate allergy symptoms and respiratory diseases. Dyson humidifiers even offer other features such as purifying and cooling your indoor air.
Of course, cleaning your humidifier will also ensure that it is working properly. It is also an important part of the device's proper maintenance so that it'll last longer.
However, the nature of these devices makes them susceptible to becoming a breeding ground for bacteria, mold, and mildew if not cleaned and maintained properly.
When you use a dirty Dyson humidifier in your home, it defeats its purpose of improving your health. Instead, you'll suffer from increased asthma and allergy attacks. It can also cause flu-like symptoms, lung infections, and respiratory problems.
That's why users are always advised to make sure that their devices are clean before using them.
Is Dyson humidifier easy to clean?
Many users of Dyson humidifiers are raving that these devices are very easy to clean.
These units have UV lights that are used to kill 99.9% of the bacteria from their water pipes. This is how the air being expelled by Dyson humidifiers is purified. Because of this, their filters aren't working overtime, that's why they last longer. It takes a long time before they get dirty and have to be replaced.
Dyson also comes with an app that reminds you when you should conduct deep cleaning for your unit. This notification will also be displayed on the screen. The frequency of cleaning will depend on the type of water you use in your humidifier. If it's hard water, you have to clean it more frequently than soft water.
Dyson humidifiers have a built-in self-clean button. You just put in water and a cleaning agent, then press the button, and the unit will clean itself. That's convenience right there!
These units are easy to clean, so you're assured of healthier and purified air at home which makes them worth the investment.
How do I force a deep clean Dyson humidifier?
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to deep clean your Dyson humidifier straight from the manufacturers.
All you need to prepare is 150 g of citric acid and your water source.
1. Look for the Deep Clean button on your humidifier's control panel. 2. Remove the water tank as well as the filter covers from the unit. 3. Take off the evaporator from the humidifier. 4. Fill the water tank halfway with cold water. 5. Add the citric acid and mix it with the water until it dissolves. 6. Put the evaporator inside the water tank. 7. Fill the tank with water. 8. Place the cap securely on the water tank. 9. Put the tank back in the humidifier. 10. Begin the 'Deep Cycle' process. 11. After 60 minutes, you will be prompted that the cycle is done. You can remove the water tank. 12. Rinse the tank and evaporator with cold water. 13. You can now put the evaporator back inside the humidifier. 14. Fill the water tank with water before putting it back.
Here's a video of how it's done for easy reference.
That's it! You're done deep cleaning your device, and you know what that means. You'll be enjoying cleaner and healthier air inside your home.
Cleaning your Dyson humidifier is so easy. You can use the right mixture of water and white vinegar, citric acid, or bleach for this task. Wipe your humidifier with this cleaning solution, then rinse properly. This will effectively clean your device and kill off harmful organisms that are attempting to make your humidifier their home.
If you want to read about Dyson fans, you may visit the following posts: