One of the greatest smart home devices for regulating thermal levels is an Ecobee thermostat. These effective thermal control devices can help you attain maximum energy efficiency.
However, like other devices, it can also beep or produce high-pitched noises for no apparent reason. Why does this happen? What should you do about this issue? We'd love to help you with this post, so see the answer below!
An Ecobee thermostat making a high-pitched sound could be due to unread alerts and notifications from Alexa or other associated apps.
The best way you can do to fix this problem is to check or read all the alerts and notifications. If the noise continues, it can result from electrical issues or somewhere outside your thermostat.
This post will discuss why and what causes your Ecobee thermostat to make noise or beep. We will also share the basic Ecobee thermostat alerts and Alexa's voice command.
We will also address the main problem of noise which is the Alexa app's improper setting. So without further ado! Let's start the discussion below.
How Does An Ecobee Thermostat Work?
As the name suggests, an Ecobee thermostat is from Canada's pride company Ecobee.
This smart thermostat specializes in home automation that helps ensure your home always has an optimal thermal level.
You can operate it using a remote, touchscreen, or smartphone. In addition, if you are away from home, you can control and adjust your Ecobee thermostat via an online app called Alexa.
You should have a stable internet connection as long as you correctly set up your thermostat. Controlling your house's temperature anytime and anywhere is just an easy thing to manage.
Why Does An Ecobee Thermostat Beep?
If your Ecobee thermostat starts beeping repeatedly, this might cause various improper thermostat settings. This might also be due to thermostat service alerts that need reconfiguring to eliminate the beeping.
You should ensure that the thermostat is in line with its user's guidelines.
Follow these simple guidelines to see whether it can solve the issue or not:
- Try to check your thermostat app if it has a pending update.
- Ensure you don't have a problem with any app link from your thermostat.
- Upgrade your home's Wi-fi, so you have a clear and strong bond between your thermostat and smart devices.
If the beeping persists, your next move is to review your thermostat app, whether it's in order or not. Some apps may be trying to reach you via alerts or notifications.
What Are Some Common Ecobee Thermostat Alerts?
Ecobee makes its thermostat products with top-notch technologies to ensure your home constantly has the best thermal comfort.
Most, if not all, of your HVAC service alerts, have been pre-set into your thermostat.
This is how sophisticated this device is; it helps your mind with the ease of having your HVAC unit a precise reminder. Especially when it's a time your HVAC system needs a service or maintenance.
Here are all of the alerts of your Ecobee thermostat:
- Low battery - A sign that your thermostat battery needs a replacement.
- Furnace air filter - It's time to clean or change the furnace filter.
- Ventilator filter - You'll also receive reminders on when to clean or change your ventilator filter.
- Replace or clean the humidifier filter - The system will notify you when it's necessary.
- Communication faults - SmartThermostat cannot communicate with the other equipment.
- Low-temperature alert - This will warn you that your home's temperature is getting too low.
- High-temperature alert - This will show when your home's temperature is too high.
- Heat not responding - The system was unable to keep the house cool.
- Input 1 and 2 - You can use this setting to send the alert you may need.
- Maintenance alert - This indicates that your HVAC system requires routine maintenance.
- Auxiliary heat - You use your auxiliary heat source for more than 24 hours.
- Auxiliary outdoor temperature - The temperature outside is higher than the set point you had programmed.
How To Link An Ecobee Thermostat To Alexa
The Ecobee app makes it simple to monitor and operate your thermostat from anywhere at any time.
However, incorrectly setting your thermostat to Alexa might also lead to your thermostat beeping for no apparent reason.
Kindly follow the steps below to link your Thermostat to Alexa properly:
- First, download the Alexa App using a smartphone device.
- Register your Ecobee account by providing your basic information.
- Log in to your new account, press HOME, search, and press the ADD DEVICE menu.
- In the ADD DEVICE window, all devices connected to your Ecobee should be visible.
- Select your thermostat, and a window asking if you've set up your Ecobee Smart Thermostat comes next.
- After confirming that you've installed the SmartThermostat, enter your 4-digit code and make a copy of it.
- Your SmartThermostat is securely linked to your smartphone, and you can access the thermostat option panel.
- Now all you've to do is to tap the SKILLS & GAMES in the menu key and add skills to your thermostat.
- After, loudly say, "Alexa, discover devices," and all your Ecobee devices will show right away.
You can now test your thermostat's voice commands after completing this procedure.
Check out this visual demonstration to link your thermostat to Alexa:
What Are The Voice Commands Of Alexa?
You can use your voice on any Alexa device, including Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot, and Ecobee with Alexa Built-in.
Moreover, this feature simplifies your home's thermal condition control and monitoring hands-free.
Below are Ecobee Alexa's various commands you can use:
- "Loudly say, Alexa, what's the thermostat temperature?"
- "Alexa, what's the (thermostat or sensor name) temperature?"
- "Alexa, what is the thermostat set to?"
- "Say, Alexa, what is the (thermostat name) set to?"
Setting Thermostat Temperature
- "Alexa set the thermostat to (your preferable temperature)."
- "Alexa, set (thermostat name you want to set) to (your temperature need)."
Increasing And Decreasing The Thermostat Temperature
- "Alexa, raise or lower the thermostat temperature by (your preferable degrees set point)."
- "Alexa, raise or lower the (thermostat name) temperature by (your preferable degrees set point)."
- "Alexa, increase or decrease the thermostat thermal level."
- "Alexa, increase or decrease the (thermostat device name) thermal level."
NOTE: Ensure that the Ecobee thermostat is correctly linked to your account. Alexa's account list must have already discovered the thermostat.
Doing so will help you command your Alexa without having any issues.
Why Is My Ecobee's Wi-Fi Disconnecting?
If you're having trouble registering your Ecobee account or facing a communication problem. This might be due to your Wi-fi failing to process everything you command on your thermostat.
As a result, your Wi-Fi cannot switch to a better or newly detected channel. It's best to reset your Wi-fi connection to keep your Ecobee thermostat functioning again.
Here is easy fixing you can do to see if this fixes the problem:
- Press the MENU key on the lower-left portion of the thermostat screen.
- Tap the SETTINGS key.
- Then move to the Wi-fi key.
- Press the NETWORK key.
- Hit the Wi-fi and select the NEXT key.
- Select the NEXT key again.
- Hit the CONNECT key, and don't change your password.
If this problem is still continuous, try this other fixing procedure below:
- First, disable your Wi-fi radio connection and reenable it right away.
- You should also disable your Ecobee device from its network and reenable it immediately.
- Now reset the Ecobee factory setting.
- Pull out your Ecobee from the wall to switch it OFF and put it again on its housing in your wall.
After doing this, your Ecobee thermostat should be fine and correctly connected to your Wi-fi.
To Wrap Up
Your HVAC system functions optimally when the Ecobee thermostat is working correctly. Utilize all sorts of means at your disposal to keep your Ecobee thermostat operating effectively.
Throughout this post, we've tons of significant information we share with you to get the high pitch noise finally gone. You also know how to link your account to Alexa and use its several essential commands.
We are positive that you can now manage to care for your Ecobee thermostat way better before. Remember that a well-functioning thermostat will determine how efficiently run your HVAC system.
Made it to the end? Please visit and read our other helpful article below!